My Quote Of The Day

Home Don't judge me by what u have seen in me. Remember what u have seen in me is only what I have chosen to show u!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

One Wild Trip...


You may hardly come across a guy who would probably refuse to any opportunity of being alone with four girls. But my situation was a bit different. I was in the middle of an unknown jungle in Auroville, Pondicherry, trying to figure out where 'Ganesh Bakery' was, at around 7 pm, without a torch! I could hear murmurs of protest all the time from Shraddha, Smriti, Rini and Pragati.

They would walk four steps then wait, make faces, curse and then walk again. Every now and then, Smriti and Shraddha would scream as if they saw a monster. If I was given an option either to walk with these girls or the wild bears, I would have chosen the latter.

"Yaar can we walk a bit faster? Only 25 per cent of my cell phones battery is left," said Pragati, whose mobile was the only source of our light in that dark and dense jungle. Smriti reacted saying, "25 per cent,? And we haven't reached yet. Will we be able to return? Should we return just now?" The girls looked at each other and then at me for a decision. "Come on guys, don’t be negative. Main hun na!" I managed to say, trying to sound valiant.

Suddenly, I got a mighty blow. It was a blow from Shraddha. The others mocked in unison.

When some motorbikes started getting a little closer towards the girls, they began to bunch closer to each other, holding each other firmly while making an attempt to hide behind me (as if I was an eight feet monster or something). The bike riders commented in some local dialect and whistled past. The girls stood breathless. I somehow controlled my laughter. They feared they were robbers who would return apart from having numerous questions. I obviously I didn't answer.

"It’s enough. I can't walk any more,"...wailed Pragati and the girls nodded in unison.

“Yaar I guess we have almost reached, it’s just about walking for another five more minutes,” I said helplessly.

"And if, we don't find Ganesh Bakery in five minutes we'll throw you deep into this jungle," warned Rini whom I thought was the only non-violent girl in the group.

Done. Having said this, I accelerated the pace of my steps. So did the girls. I have lost many bets in my life but neither have I had any bet in a jungle before. Luckily, approximately after walking for some two to three minutes we saw 'Ganesh BakeriI' in bold letters.

There was a huge sigh of relief. I ran and ordered a bottle of Dew. It tasted good like never before.

“Is this the right place for a shop? Don’t you get scared here? Do you have any idea how much scared we were? You know we all have been walking for the past one hour….” The barrage of questions rained on the poor shopkeeper….

I was just relieved to see that the girls found someone else to answer their questions.

13 comments:

  1. Suyash dear... start writing stories... cause you write in a perfect picture description format... Its a light delight for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its ur own story? If yes, u have nerves dear.. not for facing that biker gang situation, but dare to walk in jungle with 4 girls.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. is this true? den u r daring... gud dat you won dis time... otherwise wat would have happened to you.... no1 can't imagine dis... good keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hav read dis one quite a no. of times.. as i told u, a very strange search.. waise ganesh bakery dhoond kyun rahe the?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! wt 2 say...u kno hw i wud react to dis 1! hahahahhahahhehhehehehehehahahahhaha. Luv u 4 being dere wen d gals needed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yar actually d fact is dat i havent got an opportunity to remain aloof with a single damsel for a single sec .....now i know who takes away my share of opprtunity......hahahaha....
    keep it buddy ....u rok since kindergarten ...
    and one line more ""aise chalba to ek din bahut aage pahunch jaiba"""hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do the Dew..Darr ke aage jeet hai ! :>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suyash d "DODO" ladkiyon ka rakshak hai.. . vaise y were u guyz searching for dat shop????

    ReplyDelete
  9. sound's good! nice read... invite me for u're next trip. only if it's something 'similar'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice ... overall liked the contents ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete