My Quote Of The Day

Home Don't judge me by what u have seen in me. Remember what u have seen in me is only what I have chosen to show u!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

THE ART OF BEING POONAM PANDEY!

India had just won the World Cup. As the fans jumped and hugged and screamed out of joy I heard someone yell, ‘Yeyyy!! (Pause) (Pause) (Pause) Poonam Pandey kahan hai bey!!’ I just probed if the guy was insane and once I was assured that he was not, I forgot his weird statement and rejoined the celebrations.

People congratulated each other as I saw a bunch of guys having a private discussion. Later on I was told that the topic of their discussion was Poonam Pandey to which I did not respond either as I was too lost thinking about the World Cup triumph.

I logged on to my Facebook account expecting some great patriotic World Cup updates and the first status I got stuck at read, ‘POONAM PANDEY!!!’ Now this was too much. I had to search it out. I did. I googled her image and the screen popped up several pictures of a woman (who looked like a lizard). It was then I came to know about her ‘commitment’ and what she called as ‘an inspirational initiative’ for the Men in Blue to bring the trophy home! This wannabe came up with a statement that ran riots on the social networking sites!

I later read an article where a renowned motivational speaker reacted to her statement. He said that after such a deal, some of the Indian players won’t mind losing the World Cup!

I am sure her next target would be to enter Big Boss season being the most crap contestant and continue with her usual crap. Or just wait for a second. In other ways she needs to be ‘firm’ on her promise for some more time and the reality channels would themselves approach her with the most lucrative deals.

And for all those who are anxious to know about her latest update, she has been hospitalized and will undergo an operation to remove kidney stones. When asked about her unfulfilled daring commitment, the new drama queen reiterated her statement to ‘stay tuned!’

The article is titled as the ‘the art of being Poonam Pandey’ as now it hardly matters if she is up to her commitment or not, as Poonam Pandey is a name which has suddenly grabbed all the eye balls. From an unknown Kingfisher model to the most searched person on the internet she has suddenly risen to instant popularity. She exactly knew how to plot a perfect career ahead. She has been the most Googled, Facebooked, Tweeted person on the net (she still could be), and the only person for whom she could be a real threat is Rakhi Sawant!

4 comments:

  1. to be honest, i almost dislike this piece of yours. I mean, here is this 20 year old who makes a randomly foolish statement, most probably because she never expected India would ever win. come on man...dont we have any other work, but to think about what a stupid twenty-ish said??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another drama queen.... And we even pay heed to them.... God Bless them...

    ReplyDelete