My Quote Of The Day

Home Don't judge me by what u have seen in me. Remember what u have seen in me is only what I have chosen to show u!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

WHEN THE CUP CAME BACK HOME…


That six sailed into the stands, as firecrackers adorned the sky

The nation rose on its feet and Men in Blue began to cry.


They fought for the Cup, they fought for country’s pride,

Cricket is the only religion which does not divide.


The drum beats deafened the ears and the fans thronged the streets,

There was no end to celebrations, as shops went out of sweets.


It took Men in Blue, 28 years to repeat the history

They held their nerves to perfection that led to the remarkable victory.


They ran holding the tricolor, with their heads held high,

I had a lump in my throat as Tendulkar wept with joy.


It’s altogether a different team that no more succumbs to pressure,

The team is full of gems; the squad is a perfect treasure.


We will cherish these memories forever, when we all bled blue,

When the dream of 1.2 billion people, brilliantly came true.


It was a tribute to the master, the one we love so much,

It was led by MS Dhoni, the captain with a midas touch.


We defeated the arrogant Aussies, we defeated arch-rival Pakistan

Both the wins were overwhelming, it was a reformed Hindustan.


I am proud to be an Indian, I am proud of this Indian team,

My happiness has no boundaries, I want to jump, dance and scream.


It still seems to be a dream, the way we saw them play

We are the World Champions and the memories won’t fade away…

No comments:

Post a Comment